7 Common Mistakes Guys Make On A First Date
Whether you like it or not, first impressions last where judgments are often made. This is true most especially on dates. You may be the best guy in town once one gets to know you but if you goof on your first date, what good is that? Make the best impression on your first night out with the girl of your dreams by avoiding these common first date mistakes.
- Not knowing when and where to praise. Girls love to be complimented so be generous in your compliments but be honest. She looks gorgeous in her red lipstick? Let her know and that is a plus point for you.
- Inappropriate place. Your choice of a venue is part of making a good first impression. Know what interests your date so you can pick a date venue that will impress her and not turn her off because as a vegetarian, you asked her to meet you at a steak restaurant just because it’s 50% off night, which is another turn-off. She will take you for a skinflint.
- Being a chatterbox. You don’t want to be branded as boring but don’t overdo it. Learn the art of verbal communication – it is a two-way traffic. And for the love of love, never talk about your exes or that will be your first and last. Instead, ask her questions and listen attentively. Women love good listeners who are genuinely interested.
- Taking calls and texting. How do you think your date would feel if instead of your attention being focused on her, you take calls and you text? Taking one important client call is not offensive but doing it several times in her presence on your first date is a big NO.
- Talking about money. This sends a wrong message. Talk about how much you make, you sound arrogant. Talk about a meager income and she may see you as someone pathetic whom she may not have a good future being with.
- Eyeing other women. Men are naturally polygamous but not on your first date so don’t check other women out or you’ll court disaster. Tame those eyes and have them only for your date. At least for the time being.
- Being unable to take charge. Be sure to have a solid plan by making all the right arrangements prior to the date such as restaurant reservations, knowing the directions, etc.